Registration: Friday June 8 at 9:00 am. HPL cardholders only.
- Register online or at the Reference Desk at the Main Library or Station Branch. Create an account with http://myhpl.beanstack.org. Receive a gift for registering. Read and review three (3) books to receive a second gift. All reviewers will be invited to a special End-Of-Summer performance by the Forever Young Band on Friday, August 17 at 7:00 pm in our Auditorium, where you can win our Grand Prize!
- Record book titles from Wednesday, June 27 to Friday, August 17 to collect raffle tickets.
- Earn raffle tickets when you participate in these activities:
- Read or listen to books of your choice and submit short online reviews.
- Play our “Library Rocks” Bingo Card. Each “bingo” earns you an extra raffle!
- Register for a Rock Painting program (1 raffle for registering, 10 raffles for attending!)
- Register for a Rock Jewelry program (1 raffle for registering, 10 raffles for attending!)
- Prizes are provided with support from HPL Friends of the Library.
- Grand Prize will be a gift card to the Paramount Theater for a concert of your choosing.
Hello and happy summer to all! Thank you for your patience during the construction at our Main Street location. We are finishing up the basement HVAC units for the auditorium and meeting room. We anticipate being completely up and running by early summer. We are continuing to work on the first floor renovation in stages so as not to be too disruptive.
Our new space at the Station Branch is almost ready for use. We are presently waiting on furniture that has been ordered and expect that to arrive soon. We may move some programs upstairs during the summer and expect to be fully functional in the fall. Once we start to use the new space, we will be reorganizing the main floor!
As you may have heard, both buildings are going to be open on Sundays throughout the summer from 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm and the Station Branch will now stay open until 9:00 pm on weekdays. We hope this helps to make visiting your library a little easier.
We are offering many fun and educational programs this summer as part of our summer reading club, Libraries Rock! I hope you will partake of them and enjoy all that your library has to offer!
Please feel free to contact me by phone: (631) 427-5165, ext. 206 or by email: .
– Joanne Adam, Library Director– Joanne Adam, Library Director