- Published: February 9, 2016 - 12:03 pm
2016-2017 Annual Budget Vote and Trustee Election
Tuesday, April 5, 2016 10:00am - 9:00pm
The Huntington Public Library’s annual vote will take place on Tuesday, April 5, 2016, from 10:00 am - 9:00 pm at the Main Library (338 Main Street). The summary budget proposal is NOW AVAILABLE HERE.
On April 5, 2016, there will also be an election to fill a five year term on the Board of Trustees. To become a candidate for this office, you must meet the district eligibility requirements listed in Article II, Section 2 of the Huntington Public Library By-Laws
Eligible candidates must submit a petition with at least twenty-five (25) signatures to the School District Clerk by Monday, March 7, 2016, 3:00 pm. Petitions are available at the District Clerk's Office, 50 Tower Street, Huntington Station (631) 673-2126. For more information, contact Joanne Adam, Library Director at (631) 427-5165, ext. 206, or by email at .
BUDGET PRESENTATION & MEET THE CANDIDATE(S)
There will be a Budget Presentation for Fiscal Year 2016-2017 and an opportunity to meet the Trustee Candidate(s) on:
Tuesday, March 22, 2016 at 5:30pm at the Main Library at 338 Main Street, Huntington, NY 11743
Mr. Charles Rosner is running unopposed. A brief biography is NOW AVAILABLE HERE.
VOTER REGISTRATION INFO
Residents of Huntington Union Free School District who wish to register to vote may do so by presenting themselves personally at the Office of the District Clerk, 50 Tower Street, Huntington Station, between the hours of 9:00 am - 3:00 pm, Monday - Friday, except for the five (5) days preceding the vote. You may vote if you meet the following qualifications. If in doubt, contact the Office of the District Clerk at 631-673-2126.
- You are a U.S. citizen.
- You are at least 18 years of age.
- You have been a resident of HUFSD #3 for at least thirty (30) days prior to the vote.
- You are registered with either the School District or for the General Election.
ABSENTEE BALLOTS INFO
- Submit an application for absentee ballot to the Office of the District Clerk. Applications are available at the Library and at the Office of the District Clerk.
- Submit the application for absentee ballot at least seven (7) days before the vote on April 5, if the absentee ballot is to be mailed to the voter.
- If the voter wishes to pick up an absentee ballot personally, the voter must present the application for absentee ballot to the Clerk at least one (1) day before the vote.
- The absentee ballot must be filed with the District Clerk by 5:00 pm on the day of the vote, Tuesday, April 5, 2016. For more information, please call the District clerk at 631-673-2126.