Registration: Friday June 8 at 9:00 am. HPL cardholders only.
- Register online or at the Reference Desk at the Main Library or Station Branch. Create an account with http://myhpl.beanstack.org. Receive a gift for registering. Read and review three (3) books to receive a second gift. All reviewers will be invited to a special End-Of-Summer performance by the Forever Young Band on Friday, August 17 at 7:00 pm in our Auditorium, where you can win our Grand Prize!
- Record book titles from Wednesday, June 27 to Friday, August 17 to collect raffle tickets.
- Earn raffle tickets when you participate in these activities:
- Read or listen to books of your choice and submit short online reviews.
- Play our “Library Rocks” Bingo Card. Each “bingo” earns you an extra raffle!
- Register for a Rock Painting program (1 raffle for registering, 10 raffles for attending!)
- Register for a Rock Jewelry program (1 raffle for registering, 10 raffles for attending!)
- Prizes are provided with support from HPL Friends of the Library.
- Grand Prize will be a gift card to the Paramount Theater for a concert of your choosing.
Here's what's Happening!
- The lighting has been replaced with new energy efficient LED fixtures.
- New HVAC units have been installed on the roof and the basement units will be replaced beginning May 21st. We apologize for any noise that may occur during construction but all units should be up and running to cool the building during the hottest summer days!
- The Friends of the Library will not be accepting book donations during construction. Please save them for the end of the summer so they can be used during our Annual September Book Sale!
- New Adult Computer furniture and Reference Desks have been installed. Plans are being made to add one more computer table near the Adult Computers so all workstations will be in one place.
- Beginning July 1st, the Station Branch will be open 9:00 am - 9:00 pm Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm on Saturdays and on Sundays from 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm - just like the Main Street building!
- Work is currently being completed on the newly acquired 2nd Floor of the Station Branch building which will be ready for programs and public use in September!
These are just some of the exciting new changes coming to the library in 2018!
Read our May/June Newsletter for more exciting events!
Check out the survey below to learn more about what the library has to offer and give us your feedback about what is important to you!