Hello to all! Now that we have acquired more space at our Station Branch, we’re busy getting it ready for use. We are currently in the process of adding electric, telephone and computer lines as well as purchasing furniture and touching up the paint. Our goal is to have it ready and usable by the fall.
Last summer, our Sunday hours at our Main Street location was so well received that we are going to try it at our Station Branch this summer. Both locations will be open, on a trial basis, Sundays from 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm in July and August. We will evaluate the usage to see if it is beneficial to repeat next year.
In addition, beginning in July, the Station Branch will also stay open until 9:00 pm on weekdays. This will coincide with the hours at the Main Street location.
I thank all of you who came out to vote in our annual Budget Vote and Trustee Election. Your support is very important to us and we are continually trying to find ways to make your library experience a positive and rewarding one.
Please feel free to contact me at any time by phone: 631-427-5165 x 206 or by email: .
– Joanne Adam,
Registration: Friday June 8 at 9:00 am. HPL cardholders only.
- Register online or at the Reference Desk at the Main Library or Station Branch. Create an account with www.myhpl.beanstack.org. Receive a gift for registering. Read and review three (3) books to receive a second gift. All reviewers will be invited to a special End-Of-Summer performance by the Forever Young Band on Friday, August 17 at 7:00 pm in our Auditorium, where you can win our Grand Prize!
- Record book titles from Wednesday, June 27 to Friday, August 17 to collect raffle tickets.
- Earn raffle tickets when you participate in these activities:
- Read or listen to books of your choice and submit short online reviews.
- Play our “Library Rocks” Bingo Card. Each “bingo” earns you an extra raffle!
- Register for a Rock Painting program (1 raffle for registering, 10 raffles for attending!)
- Register for a Rock Jewelry program (1 raffle for registering, 10 raffles for attending!)
- Prizes are provided with support from HPL Friends of the Library.