2018-2019 Annual Budget Vote Passed 193 - 28, and Annie Berger was re-elected as trustee. Thank you for your support!
I’m happy to pass along the good news that we recently were able to take over more room on the second floor of our Station Branch building! As we continue to offer our many andvaried programs and services, I’d like you to know how much I appreciate the support that you, our patrons, continue to give us. Please note the information below on our upcoming budget vote and trustee election. I hope you will take the time to come out and vote that day.
Budget Vote Information: This year, our annual Budget Vote will take place on Tuesday, April 10, 2018 from 10:00 am – 9:00 pm at our Main St. location. Budget information will be available shortly. There is also an election to fill a five-year term on the Board of Trustees. To become a candidate for this office, you must meet the district eligibility requirements listed in Article II, Section 2 of the Huntington Public Library By-Laws. Eligible candidates must submit a petition with at least 25 signatures to the school district clerk by Monday, March 12, 2018, 3:00 pm. Petitions are available at the district clerk’s office at 50 Tower Street, Huntington Station. (631-673-2126).
Please join us for our Budget Presentation & Meet the Candidates Night on Tuesday, March 27, 2018 at 5:30 pm in the main Meeting Room. For more information, or if you have any questions or concerns about the library, please feel free to contact me at any time by phone: 631-427-5165 x 206 or by email: . Wishing you all a warm and wonderful spring!
– Joanne Adam, Library Director
BUDGET PRESENTATION & MEET THE CANDIDATE(S)
There will be a Budget Presentation for Fiscal Year 2018-2019 and an opportunity to meet the Trustee Candidate(s) on:
VOTER REGISTRATION INFO
Residents of Huntington Union Free School District who wish to register to vote may do so by presenting themselves personally at the Office of the District Clerk, 50 Tower Street, Huntington Station, between the hours of 9:00 am - 3:00 pm, Monday - Friday, except for the five (5) days preceding the vote. You may vote if you meet the following qualifications. If in doubt, contact the Office of the District Clerk at 631-673-2126.
- You are a U.S. citizen.
- You are at least 18 years of age.
- You have been a resident of HUFSD #3 for at least thirty (30) days prior to the vote.
- You are registered with either the School District or for the General Election.
ABSENTEE BALLOTS INFO
- Submit an application for absentee ballot to the Office of the District Clerk. Applications are available at the Library and at the Office of the District Clerk.
- Submit the application for absentee ballot at least seven (7) days before the vote on April 10, if the absentee ballot is to be mailed to the voter.
- If the voter wishes to pick up an absentee ballot personally, the voter must present the application for absentee ballot to the Clerk at least one (1) day before the vote.
- The absentee ballot must be filed with the District Clerk by 5:00 pm on the day of the vote, Tuesday, April 10, 2018. For more information, please call the District clerk at 631-673-2126.
This past year has been a busy one at the library with exciting things happening. We saw the fruitful results of our newly established Huntington Library Foundation growing as they funded our first round of innovative grants. We also began construction on our lighting project at our Main Street location and are very pleased with the results. We are continuing with renovations on the first floor and plan to have new furniture in place for you early in the New Year.
Another exhilarating development being addressed is the prospect of obtaining additional space at our Station Branch. There are many days when library space is at a premium and we find ourselves bursting at the seams. We are working diligently to be able to offer more space to our patrons for programs, meetings and services. We appreciate your patience as we put our plans into action. As we begin this New Year, I am very energized about all that we have going on and the upcoming changes that await us!
If I can be of help to you in any way, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me at (631) 427-5165 x 206 or by email: .
I wish you all a very Happy and Healthy New Year!
– Joanne Adam, Library Director– Joanne Adam, Library Director